Google is launching “Smart Displays” that will make use of Google Assistant.
The Google Assistant has been around for many years and mostly used by Android phone owners and more recently Google Home devices; However, the Google Assitant Displays brings it to a whole new level. This is brought by the marriage of Lenovo Smart Display utilizing the Google Assitant A.I (Artificial Intelligence).
Prices start at $199.99 for the HD 8-inch Display or you can splurge for the FHD 10-inch model for a $249.99 price tag.
If you use Google Assistant already is still has all the standard out-of-the-box features such as: playing music, getting answers to questions, controlling your home, and you can add apps to extend features but with the added display there are some new features the Google Assistant can do visually:
- Keep in touch with friends & family and see them on the screen when video calling.
- Play videos with the integration of YouTubeTV, Google Play, HBO Now, and Crackle.
- Manage your day just by saying, “Hey Google, good morning”.
- When “resting” it’s a cool photo display system.
- When paired with Nest Cam(s) you can check on anything happening at its location.
- Cook with step-by-step recipes from the Food Network.
|8-inch||HD (1280 x 800)||Up to 2 GB||Multi-room Audio: 1.75" 10W Full Range Speaker, 2 x Passive Tweeters||Qualcomm® Home Hub Platform (base Snapdragon™ 624, 14 nm, Octa-Core A53 1.8 GHz)|
|10-inch (10.1")||FHD (1920 x 1200)||Up to 2 GB||Multi-room Audio: 1.75" 10W Full Range Speaker, 2 x Passive Tweeters||Qualcomm® Home Hub Platform (base Snapdragon™ 624, 14 nm, Octa-Core A53 1.8 GHz)|